2021年12月10日 星期五

OpenGL SDL game engine

 https://swarminglogic.com/article/2013_10_gamedev01

A little over a month ago, I started making my own game engine, which has until now, for the most part been a learn-OpenGL-as-I-go process.

This article is the first in a series of development logs where spend time to look back and write about the past month. The intention is to document progress, decisions made, difficulties encountered and lessons learned.

It would be great if the scribblings here were of use to someone else, but for now I'll settle for giving an answer to friends and family wondering what I'm doing all day. That, and to have something to cheer me up, if I feel I'm not making progress.

The past month was devoted to learning OpenGL and SDL2, and putting together the first pieces of a game engine (so far, just a rudimentary graphics engine).
1. Making choices: C++, OpenGL and SDL

First of all, I should point out that I'm not interested in taking the shortest path to "making a game". If that were the case, I'd be crazy not to go with Unity, Unreal Engine, UDK, or any other framework that solves the millions of problems that undoubtedly will arise. I'm interested in learning the technology, and the more fundamental building blocks.
1.1. Why C++
 

沒有留言: